Fielmente Hotel Marketing Agency
Marketing in the restaurant industry is challenging. There are so many different jobs to do, so many aspects of customer service, and so many ways to do things wrong.
But when done the right way, marketing in restaurants can result in much happier customers and much higher profits for everyone involved! Which is why we’ve created this handy list of 7 restaurant marketing strategies in India that will help you keep your customers happy while you grow your business.
1) Listen To Your Customers: The only way to know what works best for your restaurant is to listen to your customers. Your menu, the way you serve dishes, and even the design of your restaurant can all be improved by listening.
Consider how many restaurants have outside seating during the summer? Not too many. But they do have a great deal of business in that section of their restaurant! Now consider how many restaurants have inside seating on a hot summer day and barely any business? Not too many. That is the power of hearing what customers want. Don’t try to be everything for everyone.
2) Provide Something Different: Regardless of what you eat, people need something to make them stop and do something different. Sometimes people just like to sit around and talk, and if you have seating for that, people will be much more likely to stop in for a bite to eat.
This applies elsewhere in the restaurant as well. If you have an area where people can get outside and play games, or just sit and relax, then even more people will be inclined to come in for a bite to eat.
3) Offer Complimentary Items: The best way to make a customer happy is to give them something for free in appreciation for their business. There is nothing wrong with surprising your customers with a complimentary appetizer, dessert, or even drink.
4) Have A Unique Menu: Your menu should be different and unique. If you are not offering something that people cannot get anywhere else, then you may as well not have much of a restaurant at all.
5) Send Out Loyalty Cards or Discounts: Loyalty programs are incredibly common, which is why they work so well. But the best loyalty program you can have is one where you send out cards or discounts to your customers that let them know how much you appreciate their business.
6) Maintain Quality Systems (i.e. HACCP): Having a clean restaurant is important, but having a clean restaurant that is free of contaminants is even more important. Food safety is one of the most vital parts of doing business in the hospitality industry and it has been proven time and time again that it can be an incredibly successful strategy for restaurants.
7) Check-In on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter: One of the most effective ways that businesses can stay up to date is by being on social media. Not only will you be able to know what is going on with your customers, but you could also build a loyal following in the process.
Make sure that your brand is represented correctly and in an appealing way, and set a good example for your customers. This can create a strong bond between your restaurant and it’s customers, which will result in better business down the road.
This is not an exhaustive list of marketing strategies. This list was created to be complementary to the knowledge you already have and are familiar with. If you have a different marketing strategy that has helped you, or know that other strategies work, please feel free to share them in the comments below!
Get a free consultation and let us know your restaurant and hotel business idea to turn it into an amazing digital asset.